Out with the OldThe MT5 served the stone industry for a good number of years, but it lacked some of the capacity and capability demanded by many modern stone shops. The challenge to WPG engineers was to provide a higher capacity, augment ergonomics and functionality.
In with the NewWPG engineers incorporated many of the popular features found on other Powr-Grip vacuum lifters.
- The new VPFS10T pads were adopted to provide 1200 lbs [545 kg] and excellent handling of stone and other semi-porous materials.
- The Quadra-Tilt feature was employed to significantly reduce the amount of effort required for the operator to tilt a load manually.
- Tilt locks were incorporated to maintain the load in the flat or upright positions.
- An extended handle grip was designed to enable the operator to maintain control of the lifter while tilting or maneuvering larger slabs.
- Versions are available powered by AC, DC or compressed air.
Get Yours Today!With a nice assortment of options to choose from you can customize your MTA8 vacuum lifter to fit your specific application. To find out more, contact the Wood's Powr-Grip Authorized Dealer nearest you, or feel free to contact one of our Technical Sales Representatives.
David Peters had more than 40 years of experience in sales and marketing. He was the Digital Media Expeditor for Wood's Powr-Grip Co., Inc., responsible for interactive marketing, tracking, market research and new product introduction.