The New Stone Age
by David Peters
It’s 2009. Stone markets around the world are tanking. Imports to the US are half of what they were just 3 years earlier in 2006. Stone shop owners are struggling to keep the doors open. Many don’t make the trip.
Fast-forward to 2016. For the past 4 years, the stone market has steadily been coming back. Because of this resurgence in the stone industry, Wood’s Powr-Grip replaced its MT5 vacuum lifter with the new Quadra-Tilt MTA8.
Out with the Old
The MT5 served the stone industry for a good number of years, but it lacked some of the capacity and capability demanded by many modern stone shops. The challenge to WPG engineers was to provide a higher capacity, augment ergonomics and functionality.
In with the New
WPG engineers incorporated many of the popular features found on other Powr-Grip vacuum lifters.
- The new VPFS10T pads were adopted to provide 1200 lbs [545 kg] and excellent handling of stone and other semi-porous materials.
- The Quadra-Tilt feature was employed to significantly reduce the amount of effort required for the operator to tilt a load manually.
- Tilt locks were incorporated to maintain the load in the flat or upright positions.
- An extended handle grip was designed to enable the operator to maintain control of the lifter while tilting or maneuvering larger slabs.
- Versions are available powered by AC, DC or compressed air.
Get Yours Today!
With a nice assortment of options to choose from you can customize your MTA8 vacuum lifter to fit your specific application.
To find out more, contact the Wood’s Powr-Grip Authorized Dealer nearest you, or feel free to contact one of our Technical Sales Representatives.
David Peters had more than 40 years of experience in sales and marketing. He was the Digital Media Expeditor for Wood’s Powr-Grip Co., Inc., responsible for interactive marketing, tracking, market research and new product introduction.