by Jake Knaub
At Wood's Powr-Grip we have witnessed the growth of Insulated Metal Panels (IMP's) in construction for several years now. The widespread use of IMP's in Europe has begun to flow into the United States, slashing labor costs, raising thermal efficiency, lengthening building lifespan, and reducing building maintenance. Our below-the-hook vacuum lifters have proven ideal for installing these innovative panels. We were able to witness this first hand with the 17,500 square foot [5,334 square meter] addition to our production facility. Contractors were impressed with both the speed and ease these large, cumbersome panels could now be installed.
With an eye to the growing industry of IMP's and the standard practice of vacuum lifter installation, WPG is pleased to release a new series of Hand Cups that are specially designed for IMP's and other cladding.
Our new Cladding Cups have the added benefits of low-marking, flexible rubber, along with all the other features you have come to trust and rely on in Wood's Hand Cups. This new rubber compound enables the cups to attach to many textured, contoured or patterned surfaces found on IMP's and cold storage panels. They have a load capacity of 60 lbs [27 kg], putting sturdy handles on large panels for final positioning, or lifting smaller panels with a partner.
Here are some of the benefits these Cladding Cups provide for you:
- Protect hands from sharp, exposed metal edges.
- Free up the use of your vacuum lifter for larger panels, while workers handle manageable sections directly.
- UV-resistant rubber resists deterioration on the work site.
- Smooth installation of panels into tight spaces.
- Help stabilize load during transport and placement.
- Available with rustproof ABS polymer (N4000C) or robust metal construction (N4950C).
- Red-line indicator warns user of any significant vacuum loss.
- Check valve allows repumping without removing vacuum cup from surface.
- Valve lever permits quick and complete release.
- Supplied with protective carrying case.
With the rise of Insulated Metal Panels and related cladding, Wood's Powr-Grip lets you get a grip on the future! Visit the Wood's Powr-Grip Authorized Dealer nearest you or contact one of our Technical Sales Representatives to discuss which cups and lifters are best for your IMP and cladding needs.
Jake Knaub is a Staff Writer at Wood's Powr-Grip. He researches, prepares, and edits materials for publication.